I am SO EXCITED about today’s post! This adventure has been in the works for some time and I can’t believe I finally get to share it with you. Drumroll please…OUR FAMILY HAS STARTED A HOME BUSINESS! And we are launching TOMORROW (Saturday, March 27th, 2021) at 6:00pm EST.
why “piper’s” honey hive?
I want to take a minute to share why we chose the company name before telling you all the reasons you will want our amazing products in your home. Our family has 8 amazing children who are all incredibly unique. Piper, our 6-year-old daughter, has Down syndrome and unilateral deafness in her right ear. She will most likely rely on Timothy and me throughout her adulthood, even if she becomes partially independent. We desire to set up our family finances in a way that will be able to give her all of the things she will need to make her adult dreams come true!
As I’ve shared before, 2021 is the year we plan to make a huge dent in the debt we acquired after going from 3 to 8 kids in 4.5 years time. Part of our debt reduction plan is to spend less money. But another part is to make more money! We also hope this will allow us to give more money! Eliminating debt, saving more, and moving to a house that will give Piper a place to be independent (while still having our assistance when needed) have been huge motivating factors in starting this fun family business. And played a big part in naming the business after our tiny warrior Princess Piper!
Make no mistake, this will be a family adventure! Timothy and I want ALL of our kids to feel like they are a part of Piper’s Honey Hive. Through our family business, we want them to learn…
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Math and Science (because candle making is VERY scientific!)
- Social Skills
- Homemaking/Natural Living
- Team Work!
why 100% pure beeswax?
Our family has been on a quest to use clean, toxic free products for some time. But we LOVE candles. Seriously love them. Like we burn them EVERY day. I have been convicted in the past year that, even the soy candles that we burn, are filling our home with toxins. And that’s not ok.
Here’s why we have chosen Beeswax to be the main ingredient in Piper’s Honey Hive Products…
- Beeswax Candles emit negative ions (similar to lightning) to naturally purify and improve air quality. These negative ions attach to positive ions (like dust, pollen, mold, odor, and toxins) floating in the air and in this process cleans the air.
- Beeswax is a natural, renewable fuel source.
- 100% Pure Beeswax Candles are the oldest candles known to man.
- Beeswax candles emit a bright, healthful light within the same spectrum as the sun.
- Our candles have a higher melting point than soy and paraffin, making it burn longer and drip less.
- Beeswax is hypo-allergenic and benefits those with environmental allergies, sensitivities, and asthma.
- Beeswax is naturally scented by the honey and floral nectar in the honeycomb. Which means Beeswax Candles release a subtle YUMMY sweet scent.
Our commitment to a toxin free product
- The beeswax we use in Piper’s Honey Hive Products is locally sourced from a beekeeper in the North Georgia Mountains.
- We do not add anything extra to our candles. No coconut oil, no shea butter, no essential oil. Keeping our candles 100% pure beeswax insures a clean, toxin free burn. Even essential oils can be toxic when heated to high temperatures. However, I do love to use oils in my diffuser when burning my beeswax candles…there are many oils that pair perfectly with the honey scent of the candle.
- Our skincare products are only made with organic, natural ingredients. And you will know exactly what each product includes.
I hope you are as excited as we are about Piper’s Honey Hive! We have many new items currently being tested that will be dropping soon. Feel free to share with your friends and follow us on Instagram @pipers.honeyhive and Facebook at “Megavan Mama”.
We will launch our products on 3/27/21 at 6:00pm EST. As of that time, you can order products at Shop Piper’s Honey Hive!
Miranda McLean says
I LOVE THIS on so many levels! GREAT JOB! Can’t wait to see the products and support this business! <3 <3 <3
Thank you SO MUCH for your support! It means so much!
Melissa Pare says
My name is Melissa and I live less than a mile from the Flowery Brand Farmers Market. I was there this past Thursday and I fell in love with all of the vendors. I looked up the website to find a list of the vendors and I came across your company name! I contacted you because I work at Painted Tree Boutiques in Buford, GA. We are a year round one-stop shop for gifts, decor, and more. I would love to invite you in-store for a tour. We are always looking for new vendors! If you’re wondering “What is Painted Tree?”, take a look at our social media (Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest) @paintedtreebuford and take a look at our website at paintedtree.com! We have two locations currently open in Georgia in Buford and Roswell, and are opening our third location in Snellville in early 2022. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
I look forward to hearing from you.